Signal Magician comes in a few different types of licenses and it is important that you know which type of license you own.
A) Lifetime license
If you own a Lifetime license (which are not available anymore) then you have to check if your “Updates & Support” service has not expired.
Lifetime licenses usually come with 1 or 2 years of “Updates & Support” service. If your updates service has not expired yet then contact us about your software update.
If your updates service has expired already, then you’ll have to purchase it before you receive an update. See the update process steps below.
You can check the expiry date of your “Updates & Support” service in the Download Center. You received access to the Download Center right after the purchase.
IMPORTANT! Your Lifetime license will not be downgraded to annual or any other subscription plan and we won’t add any additional limitations to your existing license. Your customer amount limit will stay the same as your license currently has.
B) Annual recurring plan
If you rent Signal Magician on a recurring annual plan then you are eligible to receive your software updates right away. However, we do not apply updates automatically as that would interrupt your copy trading operations. See the update process steps below.
Best way to update your Signal Magician
1) Check if your “Updates & Support” service has not expired. As explained above, you can find this information on your Download Center account.
2) Purchase a “1-year of Support & Updates” service if it has expired.
3) Notify your clients about upcoming software upgrades. Let them know that they will have to re-install Client EA to keep using your service.
4) Schedule the software update with me. If you can stop trading for a few days, then we can do the upgrade on any day. But if you cannot stop trading, then it is best to do the update during the weekend when the markets are closed.
5) Provide me with your web-server login information (cPanel, FTP, or sFTP) and “admin” password to your SM web panel. You can create a temporary Admin username so that I can access your SM web panel.
6) After I complete the upgrade, you will have to upgrade your Server EAs.
7) When new Server EAs are connected and running, you can notify your clients to update their Client EAs.